Landscaping · Sod · Hydroseeding · Mulch/Topsoil · More We deliver all materials: small & large deliveries!
Kasheta Farms offers commercial lawn maintenance, in addition to commercial and residential installations.
Sod or turf is grass and the part of the soil beneath it held together by the roots, or a piece of thin material. It is used to establish a lawn quickly and avoid soil erosion.
- Seed may be blown about by the wind, eaten by birds, or fail because of drought.
- It takes some weeks to form a visually appealing lawn and further time before it is robust enough for use.
- Turf largely avoids these problems, and with proper care, newly laid sod is usually fully functional within 30 days of installation and its root system is comparable to that of a seeding lawn two or three years older.
Hydroseeding (or hydraulic mulch seeding, hydro-mulching, hydraseeding) is a planting process which utilizes a slurry of seed and mulch.
- If planting a relatively large area, hydroseeding can be completed in a very short period of time.
- Hydroseeding can be very effective for hillsides and sloping lawns to help with erosion control and quick planting.
- Hydroseeding will typically cost less than planting with sod, but more than regular seeding.
- Results are often quick with high germination rates producing grass growth in about a week and mowing maintenance beginning around 3-4 weeks from the date of application. Fiber mulch accelerates the growing process by maintaining moisture around the seeds thereby increasing the rate of germination.
Mulch & Topsoil
Mulching is a process of inbred fertilization which employs certain decomposed organic materials-- including, but not limited to animal sediment-- to blanket an area in which vegetation is desired. The procedure enriches the soil for stimulated plant development while, at the same time, preventing erosion and decreasing the evaporation of moisture from the ground.
Topsoil is the upper, outermost layer of soil, usually the top 2 inches (5.1 cm) to 8 inches (20 cm). It has the highest concentration of organic matter and microorganisms and is where most of the Earth's biological soil activity occurs.
- Spearing needles
- Ellis/Beemis setter parts
- Hatchets and Axes
- Tobacco planters and Tobacco racks
- We carry New John Blue side-dressing equipment
- Rebuilt IH side-dressing equipment